the XXVIIIth International Festival of Puppetry Art
22-27th May 2018
1. The XXVIIIth International Festival of Puppetry Art shall be held in Bielsko-Biała in the days: 22– 27th May 2018.
2. Banialuka Puppet Theatre located in 20 Mickiewicza Street in Bielsko-Biala, Poland (telephone number 00 48 33/8123394, email@example.com) is the host of the festival.
3. Ms Lucyna Kozień performs the function of The Director of the Festival.
4. The festival is financed by Bielsko-Biala Commune and the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage of the Republic of Poland.
1. The International Festival of Puppetry Art has been held since 1966. The program of the Festival consists of shows presenting: puppet theatre, visual theatre, object theatre, physical theatre and present high artistic level.
The invitation to participate in the festival is addressed to: institutional and non-institutional professional theatres and theatre academies both from Poland and abroad which present the performances for both children and adults.
2. The main goals of the festival:
- presentation and promotion of puppet and visual theatre from Poland and abroad,
- presentation of up to date trends in puppetry art
- presentation of the shows which tell about important problems of contemporary world,
- cultivating tradition and popularization of world’s puppetry history by the presentation of the spectacles of traditional puppet theatre from all over the world
- creating the meeting point and a place for discussion for the presenters, theatre critics and commentators of theatre
- presentation and promotion of young debuting puppet artists.
During the festival associated events like exhibitions, seminary, movie screenings, and concerts take place.
The Festival is divided into competition and non-competition part. The host of the festival decides which performances take part in the competition. Festival’s awards:
- Grand Prix,
- Special Award,
- Special Award,
- Award for the best spectacle for children.
- Award of the Festival’s Director (Honorary)
- The Honorary POLUNIMA Diploma
- Award of ZASP (Association of Polish Artists of Theatre, Film, Radio and Television) named after Jerzy Zitzman
IV. Conditions of Participation:
1. The festival presents professional, institutional and independent theatres and student of Theatre Academies from Poland and abroad.
2. The Organizer accept the application forms successively but no later than:
- foreign theatres – 30 June 2017 - the deadline has been extended till the 31st of October
- Polish theatres – 31 December 2017.
The theatres wishing to take part in the Festival must fill in and send Application Form, recording of the whole play (DVD) as well as materials about the theatre and the presented play, press reviews, photographs, etc.
In justified cases the organizer reserves the right to accept the application sent after the deadline.
3. On grounds of the received applications, Organiser shall qualify the theatres to take part in the Festival. Decision about chosen theatres shall be taken successively but no later than:
- until 28 February 2018
and the qualified theatres shall be immediately informed about the decision.
4. During the selection process, Organiser will prefer the shows which were realised:
- no earlier than September 2013 – foreign theatres,
- no earlier than May 2016 – Polish theatres.
5. Conditions of participation and selection of the participants in the non- competition part of the festival are set individually in separate agreements.
6. Conditions of participation in the festival (as well as financial conditions) are set individually, directly with selected theatres.
7. The theatres that take part in the Festival are obligated to:
a) grant the Festival Organisers consent for free of charge publication of submitted materials (photos, video) for advertising purposes,
b) grant consent for free of charge taking pictures and recording of fragments of the presented play by Organiser or by persons authorized by him for documentary and advertising purposes,
c) grant TV and Internet TV consent for free of charge recording and emission of fragments of the presented play (up to 3 minutes) for promotional and advertising purposes.
8. Detailed principles of participation in the Festival are specified in the Contract.
9. Filled in and sent Application Form is the proof of accepting the Regulations of the Festival and of conditions of participation.